Wedding day is almost here and you want to look your best! Don’t fret! Apart from the old adage that “every bride is beautiful” a bride just naturally glows with all the happiness inside. Relax, enjoy your day and smile! A few practical tips to keep bloat away and help you feel and look your best!
Beat bloat foods: These are your best bet to rid yourself of water weight and ensure that fitted dress/outfit fits like a glove. Gorge on these for at least 2 weeks before your special day. Added bonus: these foods are great for the skin too.
- Fennel seeds, cucumbers, celery, parsley, watermelon, lemon, grapefruit, green grapes, papaya,
- Cran water- Mix 1 part pure cranberry juice with 4 parts water and drink at least 4 glasses/day. Pure cranberry juice is available at health food stores
Good skin foods: These foods will give you a glowing skin and also give you the energy you need to keep your strength up. Load up on these healthy essentials.
Salmon, greens, salads, veggies, papaya, nuts, fruit, yogurt, almond milk, coconut oil, olive oil, fresh made veggie/fruit juices, non-sugared smoothies.
Plain water or home -made vitamin water – water is the best treatment to detox, beautify and beat bloat. Drink at least 8-12 glasses/day.
Red Alert! Steer clear of these foods that encourage your body to store water and ruin the skin (at least for a few weeks before the special day).
Salty, sugary foods, pastries, sodas, fast food, greasy food and fermented foods.
Here’s a great recipe for a home -made vitamin water that will flush bloat from your body and have your skin glowing! Drink 4 – 5 glasses/day.
I/2 pink grapefruit – washed and sliced
½ cup parsley – washed and cut
1 cucumber – washed and sliced
Wash and slice half lemon. Keep the other half aside
Dunk grapefruit, parsley, and cucumber, lemon slices in 1 pitcher or 4 glasses / water and refrigerate. Refill up to 48 hrs. And drink up!
Most important of all: relax, smile and let your joy show!
More from my site
Latest posts by thedcladies (see all)
- National Harbor to Hold Election Returns Viewing Party - November 8, 2016
- Announcing The DC Ladies Travel Club - May 3, 2016
- Redskins’ Ryan Kerrigan Opens Second Kerrigan’s Korner - April 6, 2016